Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dead Phone

My phone died.  Or maybe not yet dead.  Just that I can't charge the batteries.  First the charger died a week ago.  I was forced to borrow Darwi's phone.  She's got a charger, whereas I would be forced to charge my phone via a USB connection on a computer.  I intend to get a new charger, but wasn't able to get around to it last Saturday, being too tired from work deploying terminals to Zambales.

Now after several days of charging via the USB, the phone dies.  I am not sure why but it might be related to USB problems on some PCs.  There are some motherboards which USB power have destroyed USB devices.  I should know.  I had a USB flash disk fried because of such a USB connection.

Strategy now is to try other computers and see if the phone would charge.  Would have to go buy a new charger soon.  Soonest being Saturday.  Or when I can spare the money.

Meantime, I can receive text messages and calls (I think) using the office-issue phone, but I can't use it to make a call or send SMS.

Communication wise, I am isolated. Not good.

--andoy


allvoices

No comments: