Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SHARE: Somebody by Depeche Mode, another LSS

Somebody
sang by Depeche Mode
(c) 1984 Martin Lee Gore - Depeche Mode

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She'll hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me

I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and
With every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear of
Those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

-=0=-

I watch "Unang Hirit" every morning while I have breakfast. Not
really watch as in paying attention. Just watching as in it's there,
I hear it and if it's interesting I pay closer attention. While
having breakfast, and listening to my wife and yesterdays' recap of
daily events. Anyway, this morning Aiza Seguerra sang "Somebody" live
and playing the guitar herself. [The only person who ever lip-synched
on that show was Mike Hanopol last week. All the bands and singers
sing live in the studio or on location.]

First time I heard Aiza sing that song. I sang that to my kids as a
lullaby till they were old enough to notice that I don't know how to
sing. hehehe And then I stopped. They still know the song by heart.

Good way to start a day.

--
--andoy
7 February 2006


allvoices

No comments: