Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Going to work in sports shoes, a new twist

While on the way to work, I usually ride the van (shuttle) from
Marikina to Makati. Other times, I ride the MRT/LRT. Tedious but
gets me on time if I walk fast from SM Makati to Rufino Street.

This particular day, I thought, what the hell, if I'm late, I'm late
and queued for the shuttle ride. Everything okay. I even had a few
short shut eyes. And just when the van was turning Buendia Ave. I
had a glance at this young girl's shoes. Okay, she's not a young
girl, young girl, girl, but more like early twenties, in t-shirt denim
pants and rubber shoes. (But forgive me if I call any female younger
than thirty, a "young girl.") Looked like a call center agent. I
raised my head from my nap, and the shoes caught my eye. First time I
saw a young lady wearing white soccer shoes. No kidding. The studs
were yellow. I don't know what model it was, but it was a Nike, with
a number 90 on the heels.

Soccer shoes are not the most comfortable shoes outside the pitch.
And maybe only a woman who's worn high heels can appreciate the beauty
of wearing soccer shoes to work. I don't know, I'm not "smart
looking" enough to wear soccer shoes to work.

--
--andoy
28 February 2006


allvoices

3 comments:

Jdavies said...

i reckon they were worn for defensive posturing hahaha would be cool for her to kick someones face with that!

Andoy Castellano said...

Yeah,she did look like a call center agent. hahaha
But really now, very uncomfortable, methinks.
--andoy

Cielo said...

Very uncomfortable indeed! Those are soccer cleats, intended for the muddy soccer field.

I won't be surprised if they find themselves kissing the floor, those studs are quite slippery.