Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coldest I can remember since...

This has got to be the coldest start of the year I can remember since the early 1980's. That's a lot, considering I'm comparing Marikina weather to UPLB during the early 1980's.

In those days, there was real strong north wind and the people in the campus walked a lot more weird than normal. Either they walked slower -- because of the cold they can't move fast. Or they moved fast -- really fast -- maybe to get the blood going.

Kenneth gave a weird comment the other day. He said that he's glad to ride aircon FX to the Katipunan LRT station, because it's warmer inside the vehicle. Even Darwi agrees, and she sometimes rides the (very slow) buses.

On my desktop, it says the temperature is at 22 degrees Celsius. Yesterday the numbers didn't go higher than 24 degrees. That's almost like Tagaytay weather during March or April. It's been hovering from 21 to a high of 28 these past few days. But that's according to the internet server. Reports on the news, however, say that the temperature has gone down to as low as 18-19.

Maybe it's old age, but I wear sweaters most of the time. And I spend almost all my time indoors. There was a time last week when I found myself wearing a thin jacket on top of my sweater. When it's cold, I usually wear my tie-dye pants. I've been using it as a pajama for some time now. I need to get myself some sweat pants to go along with the sweater. I remember Lilia reminding me that that's the reason I won't migrate to the US, Canada, or anywhere where they have four seasons. I get easily cold.

One thing though which hasn't changed, I haven't been heating my bath water. I still enjoy the (very) cold water streaming out of the shower. hehehe

Galit galit na kapag bumaba pa ito ng 16 degrees!

--Andoy
15 January 2009



allvoices

No comments: