Thursday, January 08, 2009

Storm crow

It's 3:30 in the morning, I'm wearing boxers and my legs are cold. I should be wearing pajamas or my tie-dye pants. I have a malong here somewhere (it's actually Lilia's) but I'm not sure if I want to use that just yet.

I'm not complaining about the cold. It's December and January and it should be cold. In fact, it's colder this time around compared with the past couple of years. It's cold because it's raining and been raining or cloudy since New Year's Eve. The weather for the whole of December was funky. Not "changeable" nor "unpredictable" but more like "out of the ordinary." The reason I say that is because, although the weather is cold, strictly speaking it's not cold because of the North wind. It's been cold because of the cloudy weather with drizzles and rain, and wind blowing mainly from the south.

There are a lot of reasons for the cold weather, except for the wind blowing from the north.

Twenty five years ago, I was wearing jackets and sweaters for December till early February. There was a time I was wearing denim pants when crawling to bed with the windows shut.

This is really funky weather. And I guess the concept of global warming is true. Global warming leads to freaky weather. This time, there's practically no cold north wind to speak of. For all the typhoon damage last year, there was a drop in the number of storms.

If all of these changes happened during the last 25 years. I don't want to think about what changes might happen during the next 25 years. Or ten years.

I'm going to bed.

--Andoy
9 January 2009


allvoices

No comments: