Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Something to be said about older women

I married an older woman.  The marriage started sixteen years ago.  And we are still married together, living together and raising our two kids.  There is something to be said about older women.

Older women in this sense is a personal viewpoint.  When I was growing up, the girls were pretty.  But the women were beautiful.  Up until college, there were a lot of pretty girls my age.  I can relate to them, but I knew them personally, and some of them were just too "flighty" for me.  Maybe I just could not relate to them.  Maybe they were looking for a Mr. Right which did not in any way look like me or any image of myself I can imagine.  Or maybe I just wasn't looking for a girl.  I was trying to find a woman.

Well I did find her.  Married her, and still with her.  And for the life of me, most of the time, I could not understand girls or younger women.  Younger than me, that is.

Some women think that they would like to experience having a younger man.  They think they would like to, but they just could not push themselves to do so.  I couldn't understand the reticence.  There is the thought that they would enjoy themselves and the man might not.  That sounds like a joke.  There are men out there who enjoy the company of women, older or younger doesn't really matter, I guess.

--andoy

allvoices

No comments: