Sunday, November 07, 2004

Cafe Cubano

Waiter, brewed coffee please
and silver rhum if you have any
no not together
I'll do it myself

Simple pleasures abound
in hot coffee
aroma wafting out
and tickling your palate
with heartwarming charm
body stirring warmth

Sugar spirit
vapors swirling evaporating
mingling with the roasted
slightly acidic exotic flavor
dark beauty dancing like a belly dancer
mesmerizing
langorous yet enlivening
curiously twirling like dervishes tempting
tasting and swinging flavors this way and that

As you sip
it becomes sweetly engrossing
sensations swirling
back and forth and back and forth

Waiter, brewed coffee yes
with rhum and no sugar and no cream

Holding the cup inhaling
the roasted bean silently exploding the sense
as I pour the silver liquid
into the golden brown brew
in anticipation I tingle
I sip slow
I inhale deep
and close my eyes
everytime I taste this
in wonderful disbelief

--andoy.

allvoices

No comments: