Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An Audition for Kenneth

When Kenneth was filling up the UPCAT form, he wanted to take up either Music or Fine Arts. Unfortunately he didn't pass the exam. Now he's got an audition for college. He has to pass the audition first, before taking the entrance exam. This is for St. Scholastica's College Manila, BS Music. I hope he makes it.

Though I don't know much about music, and guitars, I do know that Kenneth practices the guitar an hour or two a day. He downloads tabs, and instructions from the internet, and practices on his own. I'm not sure about technique, and I don't know if he plays chords, but I do know that he tries hard at it and he has the discipline to study music. It would be a stretch for him to study music as it is taught in that school, St. Scho being famous more for classical bent, and Kenneth (being Kenneth) only plays rock music at the moment. But he does appreciate good guitar playing, specially those with technical mastery. I guess above a certain level, a player would know how tough it is to play a piece once he hears it.

I say good luck. And I hope he passes.

--andoy
27 February 2008

allvoices

1 comment:

Cielo said...

Good luck to Kenneth! =D You may also want to try the certificate courses in UP -- for the college of music and fine arts (with talent tests as well). After two years, he can hop onto the "normal" curriculum he wants.