Sunday, February 13, 2005

From out of the blue...

A long time friend sent me a text message yesterday. Funny thing was that I was not really expecting it and I was not in any mood to be playing games yesterday. It was a Saturday and I decided to spend the day doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Weird thing is that I did find myself almost crying in the morning as I was reading something. A novel, actually, I was just reading through it to finish it, and there were some points when I found myself teary-eyed. I was emotionally low last week. Maybe that was what it was. There was a lot of crying last week, and I tried hard not be part of the crying. I tried to be stone-faced and stoic about it. Finally it got to me, I think.

Later in the afternoon, I got the text message. It was cryptic and trying to be playful. Sounded to me like the texter was a joker. Didn't give any introductions. I had to ask who it was, and I got a name of a long time friend. She said she was with another close friend, and who gave her my number. I believed she was who she said she was. Not a problem with that, although at that point in time, I didn't really like to talk to her. We had a history together, and although that was twenty years ago, and I've gotten past that, I was not in the mood to talk to her.

As I've told another friend before, there are only so few persons who still haunt my sleep, kick me out of slumber and make me jump out of bed. My texter friend is one of them. I've seen her and talked to her twice before since we left UPLB, so it was okay. Unfortunately, I was not in the mood to talk to her yesterday. Tough. I did apologize for being an asshole in answering her text messages.

Maybe it would still take some time before I can get over some nightmares.

--andoy
13 Fevruary 2005

allvoices

No comments: