Friday, December 10, 2004

Stories from the APE (Annual Physical Examinations)

The company had its Annual Physical Exams (APE), and it was held within premises these past three days. I was on the day shift so I had mine two hours after lunch. There was the usual dental exam where the dentist mentioned I needed to have a prophylaxis.

They checked my blood pressure. Seems they were not content with 130/100 so I waited another few minutes before they did a recount. This time it turned out 130/90. Before I worked in a Call Center my BP was anywhere from 100/70 to 110/80. Having elevated blood pressure is just one of the health problems I had during the past year. Funny thing is that I was agitated at the start of the day, and it was past lunch time and my BP was still elevated. My nape hurts. I purposely did not mention that one of my teammates had a heart attack recently.

The doctor later asked me questions about my BP, and other health problems I've had. Vertigo? I had 2 or 3 attacks these past two years. Can't remember the medication. Migraine? About once every two or three months. I take mefenamic acid before it gets worse. I forgot to tell him about my insomnia (which got cured by working in a Call Center). I also forgot to tell him about body pain. Nowadays, I can now feel parts of my body which I never felt before.

The doctor also asked about coffee. I answered, two cups if I'm lucky, three to five if not. I also forgot to tell him that I was drinking five cups a day before in my former job. I also forgot to tell him that our team have had four instances of palpitations from coffee drinking.

Eye examination. I confirmed that I need new glasses.

Stool and urine samples. Submitted. I did have to go to the comfort room to get samples.

X-ray van at the parking lot.

All in all a productive time.

--andoy

allvoices

No comments: