Monday, December 13, 2004

Team Bowling

The office had an activity last Saturday. We had a bowling socials and family members were also invited. I brought my wife and kids along. As usual, I played lousy. Breaking a hundred only once out of three games. Lilia and Kenneth had better scores than I did. I was pleasantly surprised that Kenneth broke hundred on two of the three games he played. The other older agents brought along their spouses and kids.

Most of my officemates did pretty well. Though the younger men didn't do too well. None of the trainees were able to attend. Only one of the ladies was able to join the game. The other lady agent was a no-show. She has her reasons. There was a noticeable partisanship to the proceedings. There was a show of enjoyment but not enough of "team building." Normally, players would acknowledge others' game, score or bowl. For some players, this "support" was non-existent: the other members not caring to notice some of the other members during their play.

Interesting group dynamics. Or lack of it.

--andoy
13 December 2004

allvoices

No comments: