Friday, January 21, 2005

Hell Week!

This really is Hell Week!

I made the mistake of committing to a half-day of work at the company I am moving to. All along, I thought I was still on the US shift on the call center. Turns out that because I was training a new agent, the schedule was changed to 10:00pm to 7:00am (from 1:00am to 10: pm).

With the new schedule, I leave home at 12:00noon, arrive at the office at 1:30 or thereabouts, then stay 4 hours. I arrive at the call center around 7:30pm, with time enough for an hour or hour and a half nap. After finishing the switch at 7:00am, I get home around 8:30 or 9:00 am. After I sleep aroudn 2 hours, I would then prepare to leave for the day job.

So far this week, after four days, I have taken an aggreage of around 10 hours (maximum). I am not sure if I can attend work tomorrow.

Other worries include: training the replacement Agent; turnover of documents; the friends in the precinct, and my kids. I have not seen my kids since Monday morning, when they left for school. And I was only able to talk to them over the phone that one time, last Wednesday
evening.

With regards the gents, I am just making sure that they are okay and that there would be no surprises,that the new agent (who transferred from another account) would be trained enough not to goof up big time. I also wanted to make sure that there was no loose ends with some of the other agents. I have a trainee from December who still has not passed the verbal exams. And the new german-speaking agent, has not taken the verbal exams yet. There is no QA person yet, either. The training materials should be transferred or endorsed to the new trainor, who is yet to be named.

All in all, excepf for the lack of sleep, everything is fine.

--andoy
20 January 2005

allvoices

No comments: