Wednesday, January 19, 2005

"Moments Which Pass By"

Moments Which Pass By


I stand in awe
at moments which pass by

I ask, "When?"
she answers, "I don't know."
I plead, "I need you."
She bows her head, turns
and whispers, "I know."

eyes mist over
agony wrenching from within

I sit across her and wait
watching her stance to nowhere
as if I do not exist
intent on what she does

whispered conversation
lips almost moving
and voices unheard in the ambient noise
"I need a hug," uttered while looking to nowhere
"Here," arms open
in offering and acceptance
chest to breast
warm and tightly locked

The room continues its life
noticing and not noticing
the couple in tight embrace
nonchalant
belying clarity of thought
and acceptance of need and longing

--andoy
18 January 2005


allvoices

No comments: