Friday, January 11, 2008

"Are You Okay?"

Yes, I am fine.  And if I keep getting that question, I would keep on repeating the answers.  Who knows, after repeating it so many times to myself, I might even believe it.

I've had this question since Sunday when I found out I had elevated blood pressure.  And yes, I feel fine.  I just have the regular migraine.  I once had migraine attacks about every two months.  Now it's just once.  Per weekend.  The whole weekend.  Amend that, it's the whole week.  So, it's once a week, the whole week.  And since it's there all the time, I don't (usually) bother with the pain killer medicine.  I just live with it.

So after the consultation last Monday, and the blood chemistry tests last Tuesday, it became official, I had hypertension.  This was pronounced by my doctor in the afternoon after the blood chemistry test results were read and analyzed.  No problem with blood cholesterol, sodium, kidneys, and in fact, all levels for the blood chemistry were within normal range.  So that leaves heredity (genetics) and environment (stress/lifestyle) as the culprit for the hypertension.  I'm betting it's the stress.  I don't want to say that all those relatives of mine who died of stroke and/or had hypertension passed on these genes to me.

The good news is that I am now forewarned, I know it exists, and I am on medication.  I can do something about it.  I only have to live with it, not gripe, not worry about it.  No stress on top of the stress.

Thank GOD it's Friday!  And now to the business of living with it...


--andoy
11 January 2008


allvoices

No comments: