Friday, January 11, 2008

The Black Dot


There was a long thread in a Mac OSX forum several years ago, and it revolved around a dead pixel on an LCD monitor.  At the time, the monitors being discussed were 14-inch ones.  The contention was that for graphics professionals and for the high-end buyers, buying  expensive LCD monitors must be worth it.  Meaning that they want it perfect.  Not a single dead pixel in all of the 14-inch screen.  They're paying for quality and expect it from the product that they buy.  In the grand scheme of things, the thought has lived out its usefulness.

I don't get it.  I have a dead pixel on my phone, and I only notice it if it's on screen-saver mode.  I don't care one way or the other.

A single black dot in a sea of white.  It does need a refocusing in order to see the white background.  All of the other spaces.  Admittedly, even after all the large space surrounding the black dot, the single black gets the attention.  And the more attention it gets, the larger it seems to become.

Like my present situation.  A lot of people have hypertension.  I now have hypertension.  And I am not comfortable with it.  Reason is that I am scared.  As if I was cornered and with no place to run.  I haven't asked what I was running from.  I took an inventory of symptoms before and after medication (the line would be noon this past Monday).  Without medication, I felt prickly, some numbness on the cheeks, migraine-like headache, pain on nape, I felt sleepy and lethargic.  After the start of medication, I felt more prickly, constant pain on nape, sleepy and lethargic, and some numbness of the cheeks, slight pain on joints and knees.  hmmm  So unless I check my BP, I wouldn't know if I was feeling better or not.  Supposedly, some hypertension maintenance medicine side-effects include lessened libido with erectile dysfunction.  I don't want to check.  Though I notice lots of cute-boy guapo lately. hahaha

I was dejected for most of the week.  Now I have to haul ass and get out of that funk.  This should be fun.  Will try to shoot some hoops and jog during the weekend.  I hope to live long enough to be able to beat former high school classmates in a game of basketball at the age of 70 or thereabouts.

There are lots of white space around the black dot.  I need to take my eyes off of it.

--andoy
11 January 2008

allvoices

No comments: