Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Start of the Day (and I'm glad it's already the middle of the week)

Darwi is on a field trip today.  They're off to Subic, and left the school at 6:00am.  I think it's great that the school chose that as the location this year.  It was a good start for the day.

Left home to catch an early ride to Makati, in order to catch the shuttle to Alabang.  Forgot to take my medicine.  And I don't bring the prescription with me.  Once at Makati, took a look at my ATM balance, which should reflect my credited salary, and it's still the same negligible balance.  And I am now wondering if I'm still employed here or not.  hmmm  Too early in the morning to be thinking those thoughts.

And getting to the office in Alabang, I turn on my PC and it has this intermittent sound, rhythmically going like a syncopated hiccup.  One of the hard disks is dying on me.  And lucky day, it's the one with my data.  Wow!  Great!

And since I wasn't able to take my meds, I can't afford to get mad, angry, let go my temper, or show any real emotion about all this.  Normally, I would be fuming, trying to find a trash bin to kick or had already thrown my cell phone to the floor.  It's a great start to the morning.

--andoy
16 January 2008


allvoices

No comments: