Thursday, January 03, 2008

Sesame Street Characters

I asked Darwi a funny stupid question:  If I were going to a costume party, what Sesame Street character fits me best?  She answered Cookie Monster.  I didn't ask her why.  But I guess it would be because of the near-psychotic manic way Cookie Monster has with cookies.  At least I hope that was the case, because I wouldn't want to think that I'm like Cookie because of the way I speak.  hehehe

Going by the Sesame Street character list, I tried to see if I fit the image.

Bert and Ernie.  That's a vaudeville comedy pair.  The straight man and the smart-aleck sidekick.  No real identity without the other.  And besides, stupid things happen to Bert (see http://www.snopes.com/rumors/bert.htm).

Big Bird.  Wrong image for me.  Wrong shade of yellow.  Now if instead of canary yellow it was green, then maybe I can say he fits just right for studying at Taft Avenue.

The Count.  More OC than Bert and his soda pop cap collection.

Grover.  Possible.  Thin, gawky and old looking guy.  Fits in the background.  Pensive.  hehehe

Elmo.  No, sorry, but me as Elmo, I would scare the kids.  hehehe

Kermit the Frog.  Ooops.  Sorry, but I am not a frog.  hehehe

Oscar the Grouch.  Close.  But I am not wearing that costume!  I am not a grouch!  Does anyone really think I'm grouchy??!!!  (Ooops, sorry about that outburst.  It just slipped out.)

Oh, well.  You should try it sometime, ask a friend or a kid, the same question and see what happens.

--andoy
3 January 2008

allvoices

3 comments:

Cielo said...

I seriously thought there was some New Year costume shindig that you were invited to and Sesame Street was your bright idea.

... So you ask kids...?

Andoy Castellano said...

I asked my Darwi, just to find out what she thought of her dad, in a roundabout way, of course. There are some questions parents can't ask their kids straight out. The parent has to sugar-coat the question, make it less relevant and less significant. Necessarily the answer becomes a metaphor. Also, the answer gives an idea of where the other person is coming from. Hopefully there is an understanding of the viewpoint giving way to the answer.

--andoy

Andoy Castellano said...

Correction: that should be "I asked Darwi," instead of "I asked my Darwi."

I don't own her, I'm just her doting father.

--andoy