Saturday, September 18, 2004

More Birthdays

Something to think about for Grandparents' Day. We had a small celebration at home. Nothing out of the ordinary. Almost everyone was there. But one of those invited was not able to come. Her name is Angel, and she's the daughter of my youngest brother. She stays with her mom, who lives in Antipolo, some 17 kilometers in that direction. I didn't want to think about it; not thinking about it made me so pissed off, I was lucky I wasn't thinking about it.

Anyway, moving forward somewhat...

It was my mom's birthday last Thursday, September 16. It was a quiet celebration. And it was my grandmother's birthday yesterday, Friday, September 17. Now that was a quiet celebration. She died several years back. Again, I did not want to think about that as I have accepted the fact that I have to move on. But I know I left a piece of myself a while back.

Another celebration for the birthdays will be tomorrow, Sunday. This would be quiet but fun.


--andoy

allvoices

No comments: