Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ambigram: Literati

An ambigram is a design or lettering which is legible both ways. Both ways meaning it can be read right-side up and upside down. And there are some ambigrams which are legible from both sides of a glass door, for instance.

I saw an ambigram this morning and of all places it was near the Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina. It read "literati". At first glance, you'd think it was just a different design. But upon closer inspection, you'd see that it is an ambigram.

If only I had a camera. Damn!

--andoy
22 June 2005

allvoices

3 comments:

Cielo said...

I think you can see samples over at Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.

Andoy Castellano said...

Supposedly, ambigrams which are legible upside-down and right-side up are easier to do than mirror (glass door) ambigrams. But I think I can do "Andoy" based on the "Angels and Demons" examples.

Anonymous said...

Just saying misss na kita kuya andoy! *hugs*

angel24/7