Thursday, June 16, 2005

An "I don't really care" kind of day

This is one of those days when I woke up and I sut my eyes again.  It's Thursday, the sun is shining, not too brightly with all the clouds in the sky.  The alarm went off at 5:15 (or 5:30) and I set it to snooze.  It went off again, and I turned it off.  And I closed my eyes.  After a while I looked at the clock, and it's past 6:00 in the morning.  Again, I closed my eyes.  When I opened them again, it was 6:30.  No hurry.  Just got up and out of bed.  The kids had already finished eating and were already in their uniforms.

I got up, showered, dressed and ate.  And out of the house by 7:10.  I knew that when I went to the shuttle terminal, there would be a long line and I'd have to wait past 7:30 to get a ride.  I got a ride past 8:00.

There was a girl ahead of me -- maybe fifteen "slots" ahead, which means she'd be riding one vehicle ahead of me -- she saw an acquaintance about thirty persons behind me.  She dragged this second person to her slot in the line, and I don't care.  What's the worst that can happen, I arrive late at the office?  I was already running late.  Funny part about it was that, the second lady got dragged to up the line, and when the vans came along, they rode in separate vans.

I arrived at the office around 9:15.

Late.  Second day in a row.

Who cares?

--andoy
16 June 2005

allvoices

No comments: