Monday, June 06, 2005

Anxiety Attack


One of the guys in the office, Butch, the senior programmer was sick last week and was confined at the hospital.  During that time, another of the programmers, Julie was also absent for a day due to tonsillitis.  This week, and another friend is not feeling well and she's going to have a check up tomorrow.

Personally, I don't like it when that happens.  When friends are sick or not feeling well, I don't like it.  I feel anxious about it.

When I'm talking with friends, I can somehow feel their anxiety and concerns.  Sometimes, I want to give them a hug, but, within the context of Philippine society, this is not an acceptable behaviour.  It is not politically-correct to hug an officemate, or to hug in public for that matter.  And not with guys, nor with somebody much younger than you.  Society!

I can only wait for news that all these people would get better.  And that any feelings of anxiety that they have would all disappear.  The (borrowed) anxiety and suspense is killing me.

--andoy
6 June 2005

allvoices

No comments: