Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday

It's Friday and I'm doing some work. Put it another way, I'm working. That's an improvement, from the past few days, when I didn't know what I'm doing. I'm trying to have fun here, working on my desk. Without any supervision, and creating a test script, or checklist for testing the programs.

It's not much, I agree. But at least I get to write things. It's a table of screens and menus, actions, results and comments, etc. This should have been the job of a QA. But we don't have a QA. So there, something to do.

Friday, and then the weekend. Tomorrow the Pixela people will have a reunion at one of the agents' house. Since leaving the company, I have changed my opinion about that agent. I don't like her much anymore. Much like some people here in the office who keep on showing signs of violence and belligerency because that is their normal behaviour. (Shouts of "pagsasampalin kaya kita?" over the phone has a way of carrying over to real life.) I don't like to be around people who keep on shouting expletives. It riles me. I've been trying to rid myself of that habit since I left the Call Center job. It is not healthy. Not for me or the people around me. I don't like to be cussing at home either. That one, I try very hard not to cuss at home, in front of my kids and my wife.

But I digress. Some of the people in the group would be interesting to see again. But I'd like to say here and now, I don't look forward to seeing about six of my former co-workers. Not that I hate them, but I just don't like to see them. I don't want to work with them again, and I will be perfectly happy if I don't ever talk to them. Ever.

Another rant on a perfectly nice day. Now that that's done, I can go on enjoying my work.

--andoy
17 June 2005

allvoices

No comments: