Thursday, October 07, 2004

Artifacts

I still have some items from my college days at Los Banos.

I have this bus ticket as a bookmark for my copy of the "Lord of the Rings Return of the King." It's from 1980 when the bus fare from the Pasay City terminal to College, Laguna was 4.80 pesos.



This UPLB Form 5 was during the Summer term of 1981. Tuition for six units was 120 pesos. My instructor for Speech was Mr. Mike Ortega, who now works for Caltex, Philippines. One of the most popular instructors at Los Banos during his time. And one of the best teachers I have ever had.



This is not just a snippet. It is actually the whole poem, entitled "Taghoy." I wrote this March 6, 1986. Admittedly, a time of controversy, for me it was a time of ennui. People will always remember asking themselves "what next?"



--andoy


Posted by Hello

allvoices

No comments: