Sunday, October 24, 2004

A Reason to Write

I'm looking at the possibility of writing on a regular basis: poems and web logs. Easy enough to commit, but finding the time is not easy. The point of the exercise is the discipline of writing poems. The need to write is related to the need to communicate in English, to practice writing, and make oneself understandable. With practice, I hope to make my words flow smoothly. I need to develop correct diction.

I now have a regular do-anything (comment, rant, diary, photo, poems, etc.) blog, and a novel-in-progress blog. I'm also a member of an email group of poets. The poems I submit first to my regular blog. Then I forward to the email group. I do need to make it a habit to write what I think. And think about what I write. Creating a focus on why and a definite output in terms of quantity and quality.

--andoy

allvoices

No comments: