Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hidalgo



I just Hidalgo on DVD. I was not able to see it during its theatrical release.

There are some movies which should only be shown in movie houses. This is one of them. The scenes do not work well on anything smaller than a house's wall! The desert! The photography! The desert photography!

Some days I would like to get my hands on a projector, paint the wall white and "throw" the movie on it. (I heard that the cheapest projector available on the market right now is around 50,000 pesos. Some day soon it will really be affordable as well as portable.)

Trivia: If I am not mistaken, this was Omar Sharif's 3rd movie as an Arabian nobleman. He was born in Egypt and has taken on a wide range of roles, including that of a Russian in "Doctor Zhivago" (which was filmed in Spain!). That was a great coat he wore in that movie!

--andoy

allvoices

No comments: