Monday, October 11, 2004

Sunday shift

I have sore throat. I am coughing. I am sneezing. And I have no
voice. I think I am coming down with the flu. My whole body hurts.

I thought that there'd be only two of us on the shift Sunday night.
Turns out that Tonet was onboard also. I did some QA while there was
no queues. Though I was still forced to field some calls.

One lady was having a problem with her installation. We were not
understanding one another. She had a hearing aid. After some minutes
she asked if there was a Spanish-speaking agent, and just her luck,
it's a weekend and the agent, was not onboard. I just told her not to
install the software since her computer's OS can do the job on its own
without the software, and in fact, would not even allow the software
to be installed. Sorry about that. No voice and a deaf caller.

When you have no voice and try to take in calls, the callers just
happen to have long names like Lakshmirayana Rachamalla and
Stankiewiczs. Great.

At least there were no irate callers. Now, that would have been fun.

--andoy

allvoices

No comments: